New Zealand Certificate in Food and Beverage Service with strands in Café Services and Barista
The strands in this qualification allow graduates to specialise in an area of food and beverage service. Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Apply health and safety, food safety and security practices to ensure own safety and minimise potential hazards when serving customers.
- Communicate effectively when serving customers and behave in a professional manner with colleagues, managers and customers.
- Follow standard operating procedures to deal with familiar problems in a hospitality establishment.
Cafe Services strand: Prepare and serve food and beverages in a cafe.
Barista strand: Prepare and present a range of espresso beverages for customers.
Duration: 13 WEEKS
- HOSP 301 Health & Safety, Food Safety and Security Practices in the Hospitality Industry (Core Module)
HOSP 302 Communication Skills & Work Organisation (Core Module)
HOSP 303A Café Service (Elective for Café Service Strand)
Barista Skills (Elective for Barista Strand)
Students must be 18 years of age or over. Prospective enrolees will undergo an interview to gauge their interest, readiness and potential to benefit from the programme.
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENT FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- IELTS Academic score of 6 with no band score lower than 5.5 NZCEL L4 (Academic)
- Any equivalent Internationally Recognised English Proficiency Outcomes for International Students recognised by NZQA
Service personnel in cafes and unlicensed restaurants, bars or clubs, restaurants which provide table and/or buffet services, establishments which cater to functions, or baristas in hospitality establishments.
This qualification leads on to the New Zealand Certificate in Food and Beverage Service (Level 4) with strands in Restaurant Services and Quick Service Restaurant Services.