COMPUTING & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
New Zealand Diploma in Information Systems (Information Systems Innovation strand)
This programme provides opportunity for graduates to operate within the applicable professional standards and practice, as part of a team, or independently with a minimal level of supervision. Businesses, organisations and communities will benefit from having IT professionals who are experienced and qualified and who can focus on innovation to address organisational needs and opportunities. Graduates from this programme will benefit businesses, organisations and communities through the provision of well equipped people for employment in intermediate level IS roles, in a range of organisational contexts, or for further study.
Duration: 40 WEEKS
- NZDISI 601 Information Systems Analysis & Design
- NZDISI 602 Business Intelligence Tools & Methods
- NZDISI 603 Software engineering Tools & Approaches
- NZDISI 604 Human Computer Interaction & User Interface Design
- NZDISI 605 Database Modelling & Project Management Tools and Techniques
- NZDISI 606 Innovative Information Systems Solutions Pt 1
- NZDISI 607 Innovative Information Systems Solutions Pt 2
Learners enrolling are recommended to hold the New Zealand Diploma in Information Systems (Level 5) [Ref: 2597], or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience.
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENT FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- IELTS Academic score of 6 with no band score lower than 5.5 NZCEL L4 (Academic)
- Any equivalent Internationally Recognised English Proficiency Outcomes for International Students recognised by NZQA
Graduates of the Information Systems Innovation strand will have the skills and knowledge to work in roles such as IS analyst, designer or administrator.
The qualification provides a pathway to a specialist IS degree qualification and may also equip learners to attempt optional industry certifications at the appropriate level and area of specialty.