New Zealand Certificate in English Language
These programmes are designed for students, who have a minimal command of English. It will assist those who wish to undertake further study of English language as it applies in an academic or employment environment.
Duration: 21 WEEKS
All students must have New Zealand Certificate in English Language (level 2) or demonstrate equivalent knowledge and skills.
Graduates of the New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Academic) (Level 4) will have the English language skills to work in positions that require:
- interpersonal communication
- understanding of context-specific texts of a more academic nature
- writing records and reports
- interaction in a team.
This certificate builds on the New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Applied) (Level 3) and can lead to:
- New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Academic) (Level 5).
This certificate may facilitate meeting the language requirements for:
- many vocational and undergraduate programmes/courses and specialised fields of study requiring lower and/or New Zealand Qualifications Framework Level 5, for entrance, depending on the focus of the programme leading to this qualification.