Pre-employment qualification for people who are entering the hospitality industry in a range of basic positions.
New Zealand Certificate in Hospitality – Level 2
NZ Citizen or Permanent Resident
May 27th, June 24th, July 22nd, August 26th, Sep 23rd, Oct 21st, Nov 25th and Dec 9th.
Zero Fees* (conditions apply).
The purpose of this qualification is:
To provide a pre-employment qualification for people who are entering the hospitality industry in a range of basic.
To provide for those individuals who are interested in entering the hospitality industry, a credential that will support their future employment opportunities to work, under supervision, across the different hospitality career pathways.
Professionalism and Health and Safety in the Hospitality Industry
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety procedures relevant to the hospitality environment
- Effectively apply work safety practices in a hospitality setting
- Collaborate amongst colleagues to achieve group and customer outcomes
Hospitality Skills 1
- Effectively use and demonstrate hospitality skills in a variety of situations
- Carry out hygienic practices related to food safety
- Demonstrate knowledge and apply skills learnt in designing and costing a menu
- Demonstrate knowledge of and apply skills in serving food and beverage in a hospitality establishment
Hospitality Skills 2
- Effectively provide food and beverage advice during service
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills related to maintaining the quality of perishable items in a hospitality establishment
- Receive and store stock in a hospitality establishment
- Take part and demonstrate knowledge of techniques and procedures related to cleaning premises and equipment in a hospitality establishment
- Domestic students only; NZ citizens or permanent residents.
- Students must be 16 years of age or over.
- Prospective enrolees will undergo an interview to gauge their interest, readiness and potential to benefit from the programme.
- There may be further restrictions when this course is offered under a Tertiary Education Commission contract.
This qualification can lead on to: the New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (Level 3), the New Zealand Certificate in Accommodation (Level 3) with strands in Housekeeping, Pottering, and Reception, New Zealand Certificate in Catering Services (Level 3), or the New Zealand Certificate in Food and Beverage Service (Level 3) with strands in Cafe Services, Bar Services, Restaurant Services, Buffet Services, Functions Services, Barista, and Quick Service Restaurant Services.
Entry level positions in the hospitality industry.