The course covers monitoring and maintaining of health, safety and security practices; interactions with staff, managers and customers; the application of standard operating policies and procedures – Delivered in association with Manukau Institute of Technology (MIT)
New Zealand Certificate in Distribution – Level 4
NZ Citizen or Permanent Resident
Mangere, Kelston, Papakura, Can also teach onsite at workplaces if there are sufficient enrolments to warrant a class
May 27th, June 24th, July 22nd, August 26th, Sep 23rd, Oct 21st, Nov 25th and Dec 9th
Zero Fees* (conditions apply)
The course covers monitoring and maintaining of health, safety and security practices; interactions with staff, managers and customers; the application of standard operating policies and procedures; the receipt and dispatch of goods; and store operations and productivity. The purpose of this qualification is to recognise individuals that have attained general and specialised knowledge and skills required to safely monitor and maintain operations in warehousing, distribution and supply industry. Holders of this qualification will be capable of operating under broad guidance and may have some responsibility for the performance of others.
- Workplace Communication and Health and Safety Practices
- Monitoring and Control of Receipt and Dispatch Operations
- Warehouse and Distribution Standard Operating Procedures
- Warehouse Operations and Productivity Systems
- Domestic students only; NZ citizens or permanent residents.
- Current (or very recent) employment in the distribution or related industries, either already working in a team leader role, or with the intention to.
- This programme is designed to suit those students who have successfully completed the New Zealand Certificate in Distribution with an optional strand in Mechanised Goods Handling (Level 3), or currently employed mature students upgrading their skills and keen to obtain formal qualifications.
- Participation in an initial interview is also required to determine suitability.
Level 5 qualifications in Supply Chain, Port Operations, International Freight Logistics; Business qualifications at Level 5 and above.
Supervisory and Team Leader roles within a wide variety of distribution workplaces.