The purpose of the qualification is to recognize individuals that have attained sufficient knowledge and operational skills required to safely operate as a distribution operator in warehousing, distribution and supply industry – Delivered in association with Manukau Institute of Technology (MIT)
New Zealand Certificate in Distribution – Level 3
NZ Citizen or Permanent Resident
Mangere, Kelston, Papakura, Can also teach onsite at workplaces if there are sufficient enrolments to warrant a class
Please check the website for class start dates or at your nearest campus
Zero Fees* (conditions apply)
The course covers health, safety and security practices, communication skills, standard operating procedures, code of conduct, receiving and dispatching goods, carrying out store operations and inventory control, and for the optional module- using mechanised machinery and equipment to handle goods.
The purpose of the qualification is to recognise individuals that have attained sufficient knowledge and operational skills required to safely operate as a distribution operator in warehousing, distribution and supply industry. Holders of this qualification will be capable of operating at an entry level under limited supervision. Trainees may choose to specialise and undertake the optional modules. This includes a fork hoist certification, F endorsement and D endorsement.
- Health & Safety, Communication and Professional Conduct in the Distribution Industry
- Distribution and Warehousing Operations
- Store Operations 1
- Store Operations 2
- Merchandised Goods Handling Equipment
- Domestic students only; NZ citizens or permanent residents.
- Participation in an initial interview is also required to determine suitability.
- In order to undertake the optional 5th module, applicants must hold a Full Class 1 NZ Drivers licence.
- Eyesight may also be checked upon application of endorsements.
NZ Certificate in Distribution (Level 4); related level 4 qualifications in Supply Chain, Port Operations, International Freight Logistics.
Operational roles in a variety of distribution workplaces, for example: Store man, Picker, Packer, Dispatcher, Admin/operations.