These sessions are to help the youth with discipline and prepare them for pathway into the forces – police, army, navy and also security gaining there COA, for further education into our level 3 security or level 4 exercise classes to increase there knowledge in there specialized field of choice.
NCEA Vocational Pathway Active Careers – Level 2
26 weeks full time
NZ Citizens or Residents
Kelston, Papakura, Mangere
Zero Fees* ( Conditions Apply)
The purpose of this vocational pathways programme is to gain NCEA level 2. Students
complete 10 credits of Numeracy, and 10 credits of Literacy at level 1 or above. In addition,
students gain 60 credits of unit standards covering emergency response, security and
sports. This programme is an introduction to careers that are active in nature like fire,
police, security and sports.
• Fire extinguishing, general purpose knots and use of access ladders in emergencies
• Requirements for career in the security industry
• Role of New Zealand police
• Using two-way radios
• Basic anatomy in relation to sports and exercise
• Participation in recreation in the community
• Sports and outdoor activities
• Umpiring and officiating at junior levels
• Assertive communication and participating in informal meetings
• Using internet and digital devices to gather information
• Domestic students only; NZ citizens or permanent residents.
• Entry into this course is open. An interest in the active careers would be an advantage.
All applicants must be 16 years and over. There may be further restrictions when this course is
offered under a Tertiary Education Commission Contract.
This qualification can lead to the New Zealand Certificate in Security (Foundation) (Level 3)
or the New Zealand Certificate in Sport, Recreation and Exercise (Multi-sector) (Level 3).
This qualification can lead to supervised entry level roles in the security or sport and
recreation industry. It can also assist in preparation for entry into New Zealand Police or Fire
and Emergency services.